10/10ths Interactive Filmmaker Event
Sunday, April 17th
04:00pm - 10:00pm
An event created BY filmmakers FOR filmmakers. Meet the creators of the 2-hour BMW motorsport documentary feature film, “10/10ths”. This FREE event gives you the opportunity to ask all the questions you’ve been wanting to ask, up close and personal. This lighthearted “party atmosphere” event allows one-on-one conversation with the filmmakers, as well as networking opportunities with everyone else in attendance.
Rather than sitting in rows of stuffy chairs, this event allows participants to have REAL conversations about real feature film productions and workflow.
Instead of being forced to be silent in a big room with no voice, this event allows participants to learn AND share their experiences in filmmaking.
We’ll also be showing previews of the film at the event, which may help inspire new questions and topics as the previews are shown.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION CAN INCLUDE:
- How today’s tools allow filmmakers to perform more roles and save money.
- Choosing the right camera (tool) for the shooting scenario.
- Using multicam in an unpredictable, high-action environment.
- Shooting single-cam to re-create a multi-cam experience.
- Shooting ENG style in documentary form with no options for re-takes.
- Lens choices, from primes, zooms, specialty, and ENG.
- Maximizing image quality while keeping data sizes in check.
- Ensuring audio quality in both a live environment and in a studio environment.
- Acquiring sufficient footage coverage to ensure editorial flow and options.
- Working with 10TB of footage assets: Shooting/transferring/storage/backup.
- Editorial choices to keep the story engaging with change-ups to keep it fresh.
- Women filmmakers and their perspectives on the filmmaking process.
- Interweaving sub-stories within the main story.
- When to shoot critical interviews that drive the overall story.
- Using bussing to create an audio sub-mix in the edit for stemming and buss compression.
- Scoring the music for 10/10ths and how it drives the emotion of the story.
- Performing the dialog mix to keep focus on the story.
- Color timing and grading in DaVinci Resolve to convey emotion in the scene.
- Performing the 5.1 surround mix
- Properly synthesizing a mono audio source into a mono-safe stereo conversion.
- Creating a finished master file.
- Encoding for Blu-ray.
- And any topics or questions attendees wish to ask or participate in.