4K 4Charity Fun Run
Tuesday, April 14th
Join NAB Show, co-founding partners Elemental and Ericsson, and media partner New Bay Media for an opportunity to run side by side with 4K industry leaders while helping those in need.
Proceeds from the 4K 4Charity will be given to Heifer International, an organization that helps to link communities and bring in sustainable agriculture and commerce to areas with a long history of poverty. Additionally a portion of event proceeds will be given to Shade Tree, a local Las Vegas based charity which provides safe helter to homeless and abused women and children in crisis.
Participants are also encouraged to support ONE, an advocacy organization dedicated to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease around the world, particularly in Africa.
Ready, Set, Give!
You don’t have to be an accomplished athlete to know that any form of exercise during your time at the NAB Show will make your day less stressful.
Refresh your mind and body during the show at the 4K 4Charity Fun Run on Tuesday, April 14, in Las Vegas, Nevada. This first-of-its-kind event in the U.S. commemorates 4K Ultra HD-related achievements across the industry. Running fees are being waived in lieu of donations to global and local charities.
- 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 14
- 4K (2.49 miles) through dunes, around a lake and within view of surrounding mountains
- Proceeds benefit Heifer International and The Shade Tree
- Free bus transportation from major NAB hotels to the run with pickups at 6:45 a.m. Buses will return runners to the hotels or the LVCC
- Free coffee
- Participant swag bag featuring gifts from 4K 4Charity Fun Run sponsors
Escape the confines of your hotel casino and recharge your batteries with some fresh air and a short run in Las Vegas’ Sunset Park and nature preserve. Amp it up with a challenge to your colleagues – and the free espresso shots that will be available before and after the run. Get a chance at photography and fame, wherever you place! Feel good about giving to those in need.
Thanks to NAB for its fantastic support of this event and to the 4K 4Charity Fun Run sponsors for their generosity and industry leadership. Without their support – and YOURS – this event would not be possible:
- Ericsson – co-founding sponsor
- Akamai Technologies, Aspera, an IBM company, Dolby Laboratories and Verimatrix – premier sponsors
- ChyronHego, DTS, Inc. and EVS – supporting sponsors
- New Bay Media – exclusive media partner
- TIABI Coffee & Waffle
You got this. A 4K run is 2.49 miles long – that’s half the distance of the entire strip and a fraction of the walking you probably do daily in the 3.2 million square feet of the LVCC during NAB. In other words, by the time Tuesday rolls around you’ll already be fully trained and ready to run.
Take a run or a walk on the wild side at the 4K 4Charity Fun Run and join us to celebrate the advancements in 4K over the past year and those yet to come!